1. Doing It The Same Isn’t The Same As Doing It Right. Not everyone does things right. Not everything that is deemed to be right can’t be improved upon. Find your own way of doing things and maximize your efficiency.
2. No Reason To Be Different For The Sake Of Being Different. It’s not your goal to be different. It’s your goal to be you — if that happens to be different, then so be it. You are an individual.
3. Individuality Leads To Better Self-Understanding. Strip back all those layers that you’ve thrown on over the years in order to ‘fit-in’ and you’ll get a rare opportunity: to meet the individual that you really are.
4. Without Individuality There Is No Innovation. If everyone were to think and act the same then the world would always remain the same. It’s those individuals that dare to be themselves, that dare to do things differently — their way — that make a difference in the world that we live in.
5. Individuality Lets You Be You. Pretending to be someone you’re not is exhausting. Why spend all that energy holding up a façade when being yourself is more beneficial?
6. Individuality Will Allow You To Find You. Finding ourselves isn’t a simple task. It takes time and patience. It takes the courage to state what you like and what is most important to you, and to stick to it. You are unlike anyone else. It’s time that you exemplify that fact.
7. There’s No Better Way Of Getting To Know Who Your Real Friends Are. Accumulating ‘friends’ over the years that would be better off befriending someone else is common practice. If you can’t be yourself with your friends, then what sort of friends are they? Your friends should love you for you; maybe it’s time that you show them who you really are.
8. Surround Yourself With What You Love Most. Life is short. You are given a short period of time to make the most out of it. The goal is to make the most out of life while enjoying it as much as possible. We are egocentric creatures. Embrace that fact and surround yourself with what you love.
9. Bring Those With Similar Interests Into Your Life. Being yourself has the great benefit of attracting others with similar interests. You are a unique individual so don’t expect to find your long lost twin — but you will find individuals with similar interests. Such people make life worth living.
10. Expose The Posers. Nothing is more frightening to a poser than a real individual. Don’t hate someone for it — he or she doesn’t know better. Posers think that they need to mimic in order to fit in. You know better than that. Be yourself and others very well may follow suit.
11. Grow As An Individual. In order to grow as an individual, you must first become an individual. People grow in one direction or another. Unfortunately, it’s not always the direction that we should be growing in; it’s not always the direction aligned with who you are as a person.
12. Customize Your Life. Your life is like a blank canvas. You can customize it any way you please. Why waste time and energy producing a forgery?
13. Explore. Once you come to learn who you are, you can begin to explore yourself and the world around you from a different perspective. You will begin to see things differently, experience life in a way that only you can experience it. That’s the beauty of it all — one world, endless possibilities.
14. What’s Important To You Is What Matters. You are you and will always be you. Whether you are a copy or an original is up to you. You know what is important to you, so why pretend that you care about things that you don’t care about?
15. Find Commonality Through Individuality. The beauty of individuality is how it manages to bring people closer together. People are born understanding that they are unique, special and different. Over the years, we are taught to conform, to mimic and to give in.
If you can’t be yourself then why bother with it all? Find your individuality and you will begin to build relationships that actually matter.